6oz Salmon skinned
6oz white fish
1 cup small shrimp peeled and deveined
5 oz of green beans (fresh)
1 1/4 tsp lemongrass puree (I found this in the produce section in a tube)
1 1/4 tsp ginger puree (it was right next to the lemongrass puree)
1 1/4 tbs fish sauce
1 rind of a lime finely shredded
1 1/4 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
2 egg whites lightly beaten (use the medium sized eggs)
all purpose flour to dust and to keep them from sticking to your hands
oil for deep frying
1.Cut the fish into cubes and chop up the shrimp. Trim green beans and thinly chop
2. Next put the fish, shrimp, lemongrass puree, ginger puree and lemon rind into a food processor and coarsely ground. Dont mush it!
3. In a bowl mix fish sauce, cilantro, green beans, egg whites and fish mixture from food processor.
4. Flour your hands and shape into small balls and then flatten into round cakes about 1/2 inch thick. Chill for an hour. I chilled mine for a few hours and they were fine.
5. After they have chilled deep fry for about 2-3 mins until golden brown. Make sure you drain them of the excess oil. I just put them on a paper towel and blotted them with it.
Cilantro Soy Dipping Sauce
1 1/2 tbs of coriander seeds
5 tbs dark soy sauce
1 1/4 tsp white wine vinegar
3/4 tsp sugar
fresh cilantro leaves
1. Toast the coriander seeds in a heavy bottomed skillet til golden. Do not add anything just the seeds. Cook on medium heat. Make sure you stir them around so you dont burn them.
2. Now mix the seeds with the soy sauce, white wine vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Serve in a mini dipping bowl and sprinkle a few fresh cilantro leaves into the sauce.
These were delicious! You can once again alter the fish according to your preference. If you dont like salmon add another or add more shrimp! Have fun with it!