I have been making this for over 10 years and I make it different every time. It is an easy and simple meal and you can pretty much alter it however you want for flavor. I have made this many times and usually there are no left overs!
2lbs cooked chicken cubed
3 cups Mexican shredded cheese blend
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 16 ounce pkg pepper jack cheese shredded
3 14oz medium size cans of enchilada sauce
1/4 cup diced green chilies or one of the small cans already diced
2 14oz cans diced tomatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can corn
1 can sliced black olives
1/2 tbs fresh minced garlic
1 onion diced
1 cup chicken broth
preheat oven to 350F
1. cook chicken and sautee onion in the same pan, cube and set aside
2. in a large pot add all the above ingredients except the hot sauce and corn tortillas
3. Add chicken and onion and cook til cheese has melted...stirring often. Cook on medium heat, don't cook too high or you might burn the cheese.
4. One cheese has melted and items are blended take a lasagna pan and layer the bottom with a little bit of the cheese mixture, then you want to layer the corn tortillas on the bottom like you would pasta for lasagna. Next pour some of the cheese mixture over the corn tortillas then layer more corn tortillas followed my more cheese mixture. Continue layering like a lasagna ending up with the corn tortilla layer on top.
5. bake in oven for 45mins-1 hour or until cheese starts to bubble and brown. Let sit for 10mins before serving.
6. Cut in serving size portions like lasagna and serve with hot sauce and sour cream. Even a little salsa on the side is tasty!
I do not have a picture yet of this, will add one when I make this again.