Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Banana Nut Muffin Crunch
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
1/2 bananas, mashed
1/4 banana, chopped
1/4 cup granola or oatmeal
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon banana chips (optional) (recipe below)
1. First preheat oven to 350f and lightly grease the muffin pans if you dont use the paper cups.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
3. Next mix in the egg, milk, vanilla and butter in with the previous ingredients.
4. Now fold in the following ingredients: mashed banana, chopped banana, oatmeal or granoloa and walnuts
5. Scoop out and put into lightly greased muffin pan or into the little cups if you use those.
6. Cook for about 20mins and then top with banana chips.
***To make banana chips. Slice the banana into little slices or chips (about a half of a banana will work for this recipe). Next cook in either vegetable oil or coconut oil. Coconut oil is preferred but veg. oil works fine. Fry for about 2-3 mins or until brown. Then you are done! They really aren’t hard to make, now enjoy.